Friday, August 7, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year

Remember this commercial? I always sort of snickered at it, but I didn't have kids old enough to fully appreciate it. Now, I have a soon-to-be 2nd grader & pre-schooler who desperately need to see teachers and friends again... and I am a mommy who needs some fun alone time with her baby.
So, yes, I am one of those bad parents who looks forward to back to school. I feel no shame for it, either!

This summer has had its good moments, don't get me wrong. For instance, Dollface got her blackbelt! I'm so proud of my big girl. Another few years of honing her talent, and she'll be prepared for the dating years.



We've also found out a bit more about our big girl. After a year of counseling, and a visit with a behavioral pediatrician in Lubbock, we're facing either ADHD, or possibly a mood disorder (such as bipolar disorder). We'll have a confirmed diagnosis and treatment plan when we get more info from last year's teacher and her new teacher once they get to know each other. Her next appointment is in late October. I can see the light at the end of this tunnel now. We're finally headed in the best direction to help her.

No comments:

Post a Comment