Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Prayers please

This is the man I married... three or 4 years ago with Dollface. Looks like a good Daddy! Happy, loving, well adjusted.
He's having a hard time with work these days. A few months ago, he had the choice of taking a severance package from Merck, or keeping a position with some of his old territory, and several new clients, ALL in New Mexico. Not a single doc in Texas left on his route. So, this means he has to drive at least an hour and a half to get to his first office. This means two, sometimes three overnights a week. He drives over a thousand miles a week, and I'm probably underestimating. He keeps saying "I should've taken the severance package..." and I'm not entirely convinced he's wrong about that. Don't get me wrong, we are grateful he actually is employed in this crappy economy... but well... this is what he looked like when he left for work today...

Ever heard the expression, "When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy,"? Well, I cannot talk full responsibility these days. I love my husband so much. He is a good father, he is good to me, and he works so hard to take care of us in every way possible... but I feel like Billy Crystal's wife in City Slickers these days; I want him to find his smile. I know it's there somewhere. I just miss it so much.

It's rough finding anything in the pharma sales industry these days, especially here in Midland. For now, we have to muddle through what we have, as it's not the best time to find a job elsewhere and move, and almost no one has the money to give a relocation package lately. And he wants his Master's. I know it would help tremendously, but right now isn't the time for that either. I know we will get through this. I'm not hopeless... but your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.


3 comments:

  1. Man. Stinks. Prayers your way for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough situation!! Sending prayers your way and hoping things will work out for the better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are definately adding our prayers to the mix. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete