Monday, June 7, 2010

Hangin' in there...

Things are better. They have been better for some time, but I'm terrible at updating my blog. Kyle may possibly be changing positions at work again, and it would much less traveling and more time at home. I'm trying not to get my heart set on it, but I'm hopeful.
I'm still feeling overwhelmed, tired, and like and inadequate mother at times... but I know I'll get through this.



I've considered myself lucky to have 3 set of grandparents well into my thirties... then my Grandaddy passed away not quite two years ago. Now, it looks like Mema is ready to join him. She's not likely to make it through this week. This is the grandmother I spent most of my childhood around. The one who had a bottomless cookie jar, a fridge full of cold Cokes and a freezer full of Blue Bell at all times. The one whose home I believed did not actually produce dust. The one who taught me that you have to wear a slip with a dress or skirt at all times or else it doesn't 'hang right'. The one who, seeing a magazine or two on the coffee table, would jump up and declare, "This house is terrible! Such a mess..." The one whose great big hug and kiss I will never forget and will miss terribly once I can't have it anymore. I don't want to say goodbye, but I know she hasn't been herself in some time, her body is weary, and her Father in Heaven may have need of her back home now.

I love you, Mema.

2 comments: